Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December News

Well, well, well.

Where do I begin. First, I would like to thank everyone for their hard work completing Science Fair experiments. I know it was a lot of work, but I will handle the rest. Over the next couple weeks, we will be working on our computer work creating tables and graphs, as well as reports. Please remember that report covers are due January 4th. I will keep you posted as to when we will holding a school science fair. Thank you again for helping your child get this project finished.

Next, sixth grade will be working on a snow village on December 15. Today, we assigned buildings and candy. The building are made of frosting covered cardboard ice cream containers. Please eat a 1/2 gallon of ice-cream and send your clean, empty carton to school. I have also sent a recipe for the frosting. This is the recipe we use becuase it works great. Store bought frosting does not work. Ice-cream containers and candy need to be to school by Dec. 11. I would like the students to bring the frosting to school on the fifteenth. We will be decorating at 1:30 on Dec. 15. I encourage all parents to join us.

5th graders will be having a science test on Friday. We did our study guides today. We will review on Thursday and test Friday.

Well that is all for now. Have a great day!!!

Mrs. Burton

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers